Specific responsibilities include:
1. Manage P&L performance, product lifecycle and market positioning for the (BTS/CSS) product line, with accountability for revenue, margins, investment, and market share.
2. Create comprehensive product marketing plans, strategies and roadmaps, and promote/sell them internally to generate broad alignment and support.
3. Drive design win activities and secure customer commitments.
4. Lead cross-functional meetings to track, manage, and communicate overall product management efforts. Work with both engineering and operations to ensure timely product launches and deliveries.
5. Research and analyze market opportunities, trends, and competitive pressures in order to create, develop, and execute appropriate product marketing strategies.
6. Understand and document market opportunities, product requirements and business cases for new investments, using input from internal and external sources, including market research, customer contact, and competitive information. Prepare Marketing Requirements Documents (MRDs), Technical Requirements Documents (TRDs), Competition and Return On Investment (ROI) analysis for all new and updated product releases.
7. Define and manage the creation and distribution of product collateral (product briefs, presentations, application notes, data sheets, BOMs, bulletins, etc.).
8. Develop and manage company-wide plans and schedules for new product launches and PR rollouts, including introduction plans for all relevant areas. Plans will address applications and benefits presentations, product collateral, reference designs, Bill Of Materials (BOM), pricing strategies, and supporting materials for marketing communications and public relations.
Work closely with Operations, Sales, and Engineering, as well as directly with customers, end-users, third-party vendors, and analysts. Ability to understand and capture salient points in presentations, give compelling presentations, and work with engineering to develop common commercial goals and targets.
· At least 5 years product management or marketing experience
· BS Engineering degree or equivalent industry experience (advanced business/engineering degrees desirable)
· Prior technical work experience preferable
· Sustained successes in product management and/or marketing related products that demonstrate a strong business aptitude
· Work experience in semiconductors/ICs (preferably with RF perspective)
· Demonstrated ability to successfully work with high-level management
· Related industry Sales cycle experience
· Worldwide customer interaction experience in a related industry